Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Today's New Project

So I'm in Palo Alto for the week hanging out with my sister as she recovers from surgery. She doesn't know how to do a lot of stereotypical housewife things, that I for some reason do know how to do, including knitting. So, I brought my supplies and some yarn to make some easy projects. I'm in a hat kind of mood, so I'll probably show her how to make a simple one.

On another note, this girl in my knitting class at school is a total advocate for this cool knit designer Norah Gaughan. I've been looking for her pattern books for a while, but the few stores around me have been out of both her new pamphlet, which came out this year, and one from the past two years. Today, I went on a hunt and found this tiny knit shop which prided itself on having the biggest selection of pattern books in the bay area! So out I walked with Volume 1 AND 2. Not a cheap purchase, but they are well worth it.

Anyways, I'm pushing myself to work on this pattern:




The only thing that irks me is that when I went to the Berroco website to find this picture, there were pattern corrections for this pattern which state that the pattern calls for more yarn then they initially indicated!

I bought this yarn for the pattern:



Rowan Classic Yarn: Silk Wool DK
(I think its greener than this picture)

OK, here I go.

No comments: